Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

My chevy 1500 has a aftermarket alarm the motor will but not

Customer Question

My chevy 1500 has a aftermarket alarm the motor will frank but not start I think it's due to the security light and the fuel pump shut off I have oil pressure I was wondering if there's a way to by pass it
JA: Have you checked the oil? How old is your oil pump?
Customer: Oils good oil pump is new just not getting fuel
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Chevy 1500 2002 5.3 2wd
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I have tried to start it the fuel pump isn't turning on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also the security lights is blinking
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here can very well be due to the after market system installed.Usually what has to be done is to have the system removed completely and the vehicle wired back to factory to resolve this issue here.Once this is done then it should start up and run properly.You will have to locate the after market alarm control unit ( usually located under the drivers or passenger side dash) and this would need removed and all factory wiring put back the way it used to be.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete