Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2004 Tahoe Won't crank already has a new fuel pump in The

Customer Question

2004 Tahoe Won't crank already has a new fuel pump in The fuel gauge shows empty what could w the issue
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The no start happens sometimes not all the times
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Is this a no crank or no start issue, you mentioned both?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It'll crack first but won't start then it won't crack at all Got new key made and a fuel pump thinking that might be the issue

When it will not crank, is the theft light on or flashing with the key on?

Have you tied reprogramming the keys to the vehicle?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It lights on but turns off and it doesn't have a chip the vats is in the ignition it self

Have you by chance scanned it to see if there are codes stored?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yea it throwing codes for the door stability

Do you know those code numbers?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No but it almost seem like the bcm isn't working right cause the door would show that it's open when it's closed

The BCM is a possible cause for both issues the starting concern and the door ajar sensor concern. I would need those codes to further diagnose and pinpoint this prior to parts replacement.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris