sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I bought an 08 2500hd and neither of the power seats work. I

Customer Question

Hi, I bought an 08 2500hd and neither of the power seats work. I hear a click when I try moving the driver seat but nothing works. I tried replacing the seat module and it still has the same issues.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: As long as I've had it, just a couple months ITs coming from the module
JA: What is the model of your '08 Chevy?
Customer: LTZ
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, changed out the module so far I have power so I didn't change the fuse.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think thats it, maybe what the circuit for the seats look like.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
Hello, I'd be happy to help! I won't have access to wiring diagrams until the morning, but have you checked power to the seat motors? Also, which part is failing, forward/back or recline, or both?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have power coming from the switches to the module. Nothing is working on the seats, front/back, lumbar or heated.
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
Ok, I'll review the schematics in the morning and I should be able to give you some areas to test. Do you have access to a scanner that can pull more than just ECM codes?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not but I can purchase one. Does it need to have any specific specs?
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
It would have to have factory software like what we use in our shop, I don't know that it would be practical for you to purchase one just for this because they're typically in the thousands of dollars. Let me look into some stuff in the morning before you spend any money.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sounds good, thank you.
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
Hey, I'm going to open this question back up, we had someone not show up today and I'm running wide open so I don't want you waiting excessively on me. This wiring diagnostic will take time i just don't have at the moment. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do I need to respond in order to get an answer? It's been over 24hrs.....
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do, I never got an answer or even guess on the problem.

Did both seats stop working at exactly the same time?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I purchased the truck neither of them work. I hear a sound when I try to use the driver side but nothing for the passenger. I also have power on the driver side but no heat or movement.

Do you have an incandescent test light?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do

At the driver's seat set up the test light across the light green and tan wires in the horizontal motor connector with it unplugged. Press the switch forward and back. Does the test light come on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It doesn't, we're talking about the connector that goes into the seat module right?

At the horizontal motor connector.