Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

I have the harness and computer out of my old 2001 express

Customer Question

I have the harness and computer out of my old 2001 express van no longer have the van but I do have the motor and harness and computer like I said have it hooked up in my garage for bench testing however it won't fire the spark and the security light comes on after a while how do I disable the security function so I can put this motor in another vehicle and run it with the factory computer
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: From what I see it stays on steady I don't have the key Phons just the steering column at ignition key
JA: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I pulled the engine from the van and jump the van I want to put this engine in another vehicle
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to get the engine to start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 months ago.

you need the ignition switch, body control module, and engine computer. do you have all 3?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have ignition and computer I think I have the body control module what dose it look like.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 months ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/chevy-express-body-control-module-/172662700816?hash=item28337fbb10:g:rV4AAOSw32lYyDxE&vxp=mtr

should be behind glove box I will check the location as well. that way if you need to get one from a junkyard you can. Lou

Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 months ago.

actually this model does not use the bcm my apologies I went over the passlock system and there is a module that relays the ignition switch signal to the passlock module, then from the module it tells the ecm that its ok to start. here is where its located.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-EXPRESS-GMC-SAVANNA-VAN-C3500-ANTI-THEFT-PASSLOCK-VATS-MODULE-16264975-/162394775962?hash=item25cf7ba19a:g:frcAAOSw4A5YofLN&vxp=mtr

Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 months ago.

please let me know if you need more info, or if we are good to go. I am here if you need me. Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.