BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2000 suburban 2500 service ride control light is on

Customer Question

I have a 2000 suburban 2500 service ride control light is on mech has figured out the rr senser is bad , cant find one anywhere . can we put on the strutmaster shocks all the way around to do away with system.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: the mech did and found rr senser bad
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Chevy Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no a mech is, he checked sensor at it is bad you can not buy one anywhere
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** of these parts are hard to come by. Typically you have to find them used at a wrecking yard but that can even get difficult. You can use strutmaster shocks, but that will not eliminate the warning light. It would be very hard to manipulate the wiring to get rid of the warning light. I hope this helps. If you need further assistance please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It comes with wiring will this not cancel light
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 4 months ago.

If it comes with the wiring kit then it should as long as your mechanic has the scan tool that is necessary to clear the codes.