Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Draining the battery over night. mil/amps spiking from 6 to

Customer Question

draining the battery over night. mil/amps spiking from 6 to 400. checked almost all the wiring connections. service garage at a loss
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no major codes showed up
JA: I'll pass this info along to the GMC Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: 2014 silverado 503 eng
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no/ ilooked for the usual issues but took it to a dealer then a private garage
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: mech . tested the fuse box ,ground wires and traced what he could.charge the battery in a.m and it starts fine. do not see any unusual issues.battery drains over night. put a new battery in also
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

So far it looks like no one has done the complete draw test to see which circuit is to blame by removing fuses to find the source. Can you do the test shown below and report back on the results?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0opf96h46x58v72/parasitic.pdf?dl=0

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
parasitic draw down was done at gm shop and at the garage. dont know if individual fuses were pulled. both mechs are gm mechs. will keeps searching thanks

Fuses have to be pulled to find the draw and once all the fuses are out one of them will show you the circuit with the draw.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris