Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

The light come on for service the air bags! not that know!

Customer Question

the light come on for service the air bags!
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: not that know!
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2005 2500 hd silverado!
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing so far i will like to do it my selfe!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is all!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. This light comes on when there is a fault in the restraint/airbag system. This could be due to a number of things. Including faulty connections and components. Give me a moment to see if there if a fuse that can be checked for this issue. Although, the only way to pinpoint the area of concern is to have the vehicle scanned for codes. I will check for information, in the meantime, due you know if the horn works?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
some times not all the time!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i can"t call you i"mdeft!
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

I did not send the call request, it is automatically sent by the site as an option. I apologize.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

So the horn has an intermittent issue?

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

I am gathering information for you. Just a moment more, please.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Here is am providing fuse location information. You can test the airbag fuse in the underhood fuse box.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Here, I am providing seat belt and airbag testing information.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

I am suspecting the issue to be the clockspring in the steering wheel that is malfunction. This component allows the airbag and horn wires, etc. to remain undamaged during steering wheel rotation. If this component malfunctions, you will likely lose power to the horn and airbag, and if there are steering wheel controls for the stereo, they will likely be malfunctioning also. You will have to have the vehicle scanned for codes in order to be sure, though.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed