Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I am having a problem with the passenger side rear brake. I

Customer Question

I am having a problem with the passenger side rear brake. I have replaced the brake pads, caliper, rotor, and hub assembly and the brake is still grabbing. What can be the problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you are having issues with your rear right side brakes grabbing. Your issue is likely going to be the wheel speed sensor starting to fail, or the electronic brake control module. Give me just a moment to review a few things, please.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.
The EBCM is likely sensing that the wheel is moving too fast and is applying pressure to the balance out wheel speed. I am supplying elctrical information on the system along with a system description.
Pressure Increase
The EBCM increases the pressure to individual wheels during a deceleration in order to reduce the speed of the wheel. The inlet valve is opened and the outlet valve is closed. The increased pressure is delivered from the master cylinder.
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

You will likely need to replace the wheel speed sensor. Let me see if I can find testing information for the sensor.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Here is location information for the wheel speed sensors. The only testing information that I am being offered is scantool testing.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed