Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2015 Silverado and bought aftermarket rims for

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Silverado and bought aftermarket rims for winter tires. Rims were from Tire Rack and also new TPMS sensors from Tire Rack. When the tires and rims were put on the truck the TPMS sensors worked fine. I have now put my stock rims and tires back on and the TPMS sensors are not working. The stock tires and rims have never been separated.
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?
Customer: Manual tire pressure is fine. I have been driving it for about 600 miles since I changed back to the stock rims/tires.
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not tried anything yet. I don't necessarily want to take it to the dealer every time I switch between the different rims/tires.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that i can think of
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

Ok, attached is a video on how to relearn the tires without need of a tpms relearn tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GExqzFe2IOg

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Unless you have any other questions on this specific issue, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks