Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

My 93 suburban leaking power steering fluid replaced the

Customer Question

My 93 suburban leaking power steering fluid replaced the return and pressure hose leaks when I drive
JA: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak? And have you checked the reservoir?
Customer: No I can't tell where it's coming from and the reservoir is full
JA: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. I replaced both hoses new o rings on the pressure line
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that should be it thank you
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

is it leaking at the pump or the steering gear box?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's hard to tell i think the pump fluid is being sprayed or it's my fan blowing it everywhere

ok.

did you check the return line
?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I replaced both hoses return and pressured

ok.

if you are sure it isnt leaking from the hoses..i would think it is leaking around the shaft of the pump just behind the pulley..

it sounds as if you may have a blown seal in that pump and you may just want to replace the pump

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok would you know about how much a shop would charge to replace the pump

an independent shop may charge $75+/- to replace..the pump should cost around $60+/-

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Got the answer I was looking for made it very easy to understand thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.