Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I had the engine light on & had it checked I have the co265,

Customer Question

I had the engine light on & had it checked I have the co265
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: no stalling & the parts store only checked why the engine light was on
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2001 chevy blazer
JA: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I have a guy that fixes it for me
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just need to know what part i need to buy
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

The C0265 code is saying the ABS relay inside the EBCM electronic brake control module has a voltage issue

these are usually caused by either a bad EBCM or the brake hydrolic assembly the EBCM is bolted too

if the connections at the EBCM are good then disconnect the EBCM from the unit if there is NO signs of brake fluid replace the EBCM

if there is replace both the EBCM and the unit

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

how are you making out ?