Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ve a 76 Silverado 10 350 v8. it sat for over a yr and has…

Customer Question
Ve a 76 Silverado...

Ve a 76 Silverado 10 350 v8. it sat for over a yr and has bad gas in it. I A NEW BATTERY IN IT BUT IT TURNS OVER A COUPLE OF LICKS AND GOES KLUNK!iS THIS WHAT YOU CALL FLUID LOK IN TH ENGINE CHAMBERS? HOW DO I REMEDY IT CHARLES BROOKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?

NO SPARK AT ALL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

TRYING TO VERY LITTLE MECHANICAL APTITUDE

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NO. CHARLES

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
5/2/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

first, did you drain the tank and lines and replace with new fuel???

what about the carb??? sitting that long with bad fuel will cause issues internally in the carb and will need to be rebuilt.

if you remove the plugs, will the engine crank around without stopping???

Roy