Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

Multiple codes for a chevy Colorado LS 2005, 5 cylinder, Yes

Customer Question

Multiple codes for a chevy Colorado LS 2005, 5 cylinder
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes tried to reset, P0442, P0300, P0506, P0442, P0128, U1064, C0899,C0040, C0035
JA: Are you fixing your Colorado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced air filter, will replace spark plugs tomorrow. added fuel injector cleaner. The codes for the Air conditioning and heater are know. However, I'm worried about the engine codes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Recently had the front brakes replaced along with the rotors
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bought a new gas cap, replaced.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

2005 Chevy Truck Colorado 4WD L5-3.5L VIN 6

Save Article

DTC P0300 SYSTEM DESCRIPTION The powertrain control module (PCM) uses information from the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor and the camshaft position (CMP) sensor in order to determine when an engine misfire is occurring. By monitoring variations in the crankshaft rotation speed for each cylinder, the PCM is able to detect individual misfire events. A misfire rate that is high enough can cause the 3-way catalytic converter (TWC) to overheat under certain driving conditions. The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will flash ON and OFF when the conditions for TWC overheating are present. If the PCM detects a misfire rate sufficient to cause emission levels to exceed mandated standards, DTC P0300 will set. DTC DESCRIPTOR This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC: DTC P0300 Engine Misfire Detected CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC - DTCs P0013, P0014, P0016, P0106, P0107, P0108, P0117, P0118, P0120, P0125, P0128, P0218, P0220, P0315, P0336, P0340, P0341, P0365, P0366, P0502, P0503, P1114, P1115, P2125, P2135 are not set. - The engine is running. - The ignition voltage is between 10-18 volts. - The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between -7 and +130°C (+19 and +266°F). - The throttle angle is steady. - The A/C compressor clutch is not changing state. - The exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) flow test is inactive. - The fuel level is above 10 percent. - The fuel cut-off or decel fuel cut-off (DFCO) mode is not active. - The PCM is not receiving a rough road signal. - DTC P0300 runs continuously when the above conditions are met. CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC The PCM is detecting a crankshaft rotation speed variation indicating a misfire sufficient to cause emission levels to exceed mandated standards. ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS - The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails. - The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records. CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC - The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail. - A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes. - A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic. - Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool. DIAGNOSTIC AIDS - Excessive vibration from sources other than the engine could cause DTC P0300 to set. The following are possible sources of vibration: - Thickness variation of the brake rotors-Refer to Symptoms - Hydraulic Brakes in Hydraulic Brakes. See: Hydraulic System, Brakes > Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures - The drive shaft not balanced-Refer to Vibration Analysis - Driveline in Vibration Diagnosis and Correction. See: Vehicle > Diagnostic Aids - Worn or damaged accessory drive belt-Refer to Symptoms - Engine. See: Vehicle > Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures > Symptoms - Vehicle - There may be more or less cylinders actually misfiring than indicated by the scan tool. TEST DESCRIPTION

Zoom and Print Options

Steps 1-10

Zoom and Print Options

Steps 11-16

The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.
2. If the actual CKP variation values are not within the learned values, the misfire counters may increment.

© 2017 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13851)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm a novice, not sure what to do with this, is there a narrowing down of part? Fuel injectors? Fuel pump?

Hey sorry ,my internet got disconnected

But i want to check for vacuum leaks first , do a smoke test or Spray starting fluid around the intake manifold and tell me if the engine rpm surges up

also can you get me fuel trim readings, long term & short term of a live data scanner

and fuel pressure test using a fuel pressure gauge

these are the fuel specs :

Save Article

Fuel Pressure (Key ON, Engine OFF).......................345-395 kPa (50-57 psi)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

ASE Cert

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

If You Are Using A Free Trial Or Have A Subscription A Positive Rating Of 3 Stars Or Above Is Required For Me To Be Compensated

For My Time & Resources .

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat