GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

On my 2006 Equinox it used to automatically lock the doors

Customer Question

On my 2006 Equinox it used to automatically lock the doors when you put it in gear but doesn't do it anymore. I've also had problems with a parasitic drain on my battery. It was about a 180 milliamp drain and the only thing that I could find to decrease it was pulling my radio fuse which took it down to about 75 milliamps but still having drained battery issues when left to sit for 4 or 5 days?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: transmission is original with 115,000 miles and I'm not sure where the brake switch is located?
JA: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes trying to fix myself. Mostly all I've tried is using a multimeter and pulling all fuses and relays.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm also having trouble with the signal switch on the column, sometimes when I engage the turn signal it turns my bright lights on until i force it forward gently then they go back off.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. If you have steering wheel control buttons you can select when you want the doors to lock or unlock, but, seeing that you are having turn signal and bright lighting problems, It is my opinion that the wiring inside and behind the airbag module on the steering wheel is causing your problems.

can I be of further assistance?