GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

On starting, the entire gauge package on the dash is

Customer Question

On starting, the entire gauge package on the dash is inoperative. After running for a few minutes, the warning lights all come on, the gauges sweep, and all operates normally. I have found that this is a common problem, but haven't found what the common fix is. Can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The lights are the ones on the dash that act as warning signals for certain systems
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2004 Chevrolot Silverado LS 2500 Duramax diesel with optional full gauge package
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have removed the instrument panel assembly, disassembled it and cleaned all connections and tightened all grounds. Re-installed the unit with the same problem occurring.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know this is a common problem for a lot of GMC/Chev pickup owners and need to know what the common fix is. Thank you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you anyway I can.

May I start by getting your VIN and any stored codes in the computer?

Thank you!