Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I put a motor in it and it want fire up it turns over that's

Customer Question

I put a motor in it and it want fire up it turns over that's it it's in time
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 193693
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Automatic
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 05 chevy Malibu 2.2 liter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I put new Crank sensor new throttle body
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tired turning the switch on and off but nothing happened
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

did you use a 2.2L from same year vehicle? If not, what year is the replacement engine?

Is the theft light staying on solid, blinking on and off, or coming on and then going off within 10 seconds with key in on position?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got the block out a 05 cavalier I put the head off my old motor on there set the time it still in time the coil pack and injectors have fire going to it but want open
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

what is the fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know I don't have the tool the check the fuel pressure the security light goes out few seconds when it comes on
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

If you pour a little fuel in the throttle body will it start and run for a few seconds?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I put some starter fluid in tired to Crank then it read Crank sensor I replace that the it said the throttle body senor so I got a new throttle body I press the value on the fuel rail and a lil gas shot out then I turn the switch off and back on nothing came out
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

Ok, can you hear the pump turn on when you turn the key to the on position

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I turned it over gas sprayed out of but injectors not open nor coil not firing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not reading any codes
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

Ok, so no signal from the computer to the injectors or coils. Let me pull the schematics and go over them for a few minutes

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok no signal from the computer
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

Sorry, I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help as my software program to pull up schematics is frozen up.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi I was wondering if u any information about what I can do to get my Malibu start
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 6 months ago.

How far have you gotten? Do you have a scan tool that will read live data?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I check it and reading nothing it getting 57lbs of pressure. And the injector not open they getting fire to them but still not open. I took the plug off the and check by putting some power to the and the open but want open when the.pluged to the car
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 5 months ago.

This still sounds like a theft deterrent issue. A good scan tool would be able to tell you if the fuel is disabled due to theft or not, I'd be looking at this if your car were in my shop.

If you don't have a scan tool that will do this, you'll need to hire a mechanic that has that capability.