Chevy

Connect one-on-one with a verified chevy mechanic who will answer your question

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

More related answers
All chevy mechanics are VERIFIED
2002 chevy cavalier steering wheel/Column front to rear play
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
2002 chevy cavalier steering wheel/Column front to rear play ..someone with experience please with this model for question ..thanks… read more
1997 cavalier: steering column..The steering wheel tilt lever
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics
How do you remove the lower cover on the steering column of a 1997 cavalier to replace the headlight switch? The steering wheel tilt lever appears to be the only thing in the way.… read more
2000 cavalier: keys..the cylinder..unlock..steering column
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
i have a 2000 cavalier that the keys were taken out of the cylinder while driving. when the car was stop i turn off the car without the keys in the ignition. now keys will not turn or unlock steering … read more
I need to change my steering column on my 99 chevy k1500.
Jerry, Service consultant
I need to change my steering column on my 99 chevy k1500. scrap yard say the code number is ***** the sticker in the glove box. the numbers are there but which one is it… read more
2000 chevy Cavalier: lights work..steering column..the bulbs..fuses
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
I have a 2000 chevy Cavalier and the front lights won't work the daylight driving lights work but when I click it on the regular lights they won't come on, I've changed the switch on the steering colu… read more
01 Cavalier: check engine..connector..steering column..fuses are ok.
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
My '01 Cavalier 2.2 check engine is on. Tried a code reader to diagnose but connector underneath steering column has no power and code reader won't work . All fuses are OK. What do I check for next?… read more
98 cavalier: heck..relay located..steering column..instrument panel
mrrowland1
mrrowland1, Co-Owner/Az Mobile Reflash and Diagnosti
Where in the heck is the horn relay located on a 98 Cavilier? I was told it was on the steering column but I have looked all under the dash in that area. I also took out the instrument panel & not see… read more
99 chevy cavalier: the ignition switch on the steering column..liter
hudson9
hudson9, High School or GED
i am having trouble starting my car from the ignition switch on the steering column. what might be wrong? it is a 99 chevy cavalier 2.2 liter.… read more
2001 chevy cavalier: column..cruise control..lever..the steering wheel
Randall C
Randall C, Auto Technician / Consultant
I need to remove the bottom steering wheel column cover to replace the headlight switch of my 2001 chevy cavalier (no cruise control) but the lever use to adjust the steering wheel up or down gets on … read more
Question about chevy cavalier steering column ..someone with
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Question about chevy cavalier steering column ..someone with experience on replacing and makeup ...… read more
My key will not turn. I can wiggle the steering wheel the
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
i can wiggle the steering wheel the keys look fine … read more
2004 Chevy Cavalier: pins..steering column..the steering wheel..loose
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Auto Dealership Owner
The pressed in pins on my 2004 Chevy Cavalier steering column have backed out and the steering wheel is loose. These are the pins that allow the steering wheel to pivot up and down. This is a very ser… read more
2003 Chevy Cavalier: base Model..whole steering column head
ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Lead Auto Tech
2003 Chevy Cavalier base Model. Tilt steering wheel has "play" (an inch or more) in the whole steering column head regardless of the position of the steering wheel. "Play" is not in the steering wheel… read more
1984 Olds Cutlass: schematics or diagrams..steering column..ingnition
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics
I need schematics or diagrams for the steering column of a 1984 Olds Cutlass with an adjustable steering column. It was recently broken into, and I can see the back side of the key ingnition tumbler, … read more
Need to replace steering column. Just I believe the column
Todd M
Todd M, Owner
just I believe the column needs replaced. tilt broke now the wheel moves in all directions while still being able to steer the car… read more
Low beam headlights..I believe there is a short in the steering column
Amedee
Amedee, Automotive Consultant
My low beam headlights are not operating I believe there is a short in the steering column. Any advice… read more
1982 Camaro: steering column and I do not know where it goes..diagram
Virtual Wrench
I have a 1982 Camaro and a piece dropped out of the steering column and I do not know where it goes. If anyone has a diagram of the column of this vehicle it would be very helpful… read more
2001 chevy suburban: I changed the steering column
George H.
George H., Technician
I changed the steering column on my 2001 chevy suburban and now it needs a passlock code to restart, or how can i restart it without a passlock code?… read more