Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 95 chevy 1500 with a v6 i changed out the tranny…

Customer Question
I have a 95...

I have a 95 chevy 1500 with a v6 i changed out the tranny but the linkage was just a lil different any way two plugs that were pluged in are not plugged in and my truck wont even turn over please help

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am so far ive looked at the starter wires but everything looks good

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Yes i have all are good i think it might be because of the two pkugs on the linkage are not plugged in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2017
Chevy Mechanic: mechanic110, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
mechanic110
mechanic110, Auto Technician

Hello and welcome to our site my name is ***** ***** I have read your question concerning your 1995 Chevy 1500.

Do you know what year the transmission is and what type of vehicle it came out of?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It came out of a 95 as well

Same type of truck? And the exact same transmission? The reason that I ask is because there are 2 different types for your 1995 truck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will the two interchange

They will have the same bolt pattern and will fit. could you describe the shape of the transmission pan and does it look the same as the old one?

Hello again.

I was hoping to get some more info from you about the exact transmission that you installed and if the old one is the same.

From what you described about the two plugs at the transmission they will have to be hooked up in order to start your truck. The plugs control the neutral safety switch as well powertrain control module function.