Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Check engine light after spark plug replacment, Stays on,

Check engine light after...

Check engine light after spark plug replacment

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2010 Chevy cobalt 8500 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced crankshaft position sensor

3/31/2017
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you anyway I can.

How does the engine run?

May I get the code or codes stored in the computer?

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's hesitating and burning a lot of gas sometimes runs real well but then starts right back in

Thank you for that information. It sounds like the engine is misfiring. Did this start only after the spark plugs were replaced? If so, then you could have faulty new spark plugs. I have seen this more than once. One of the plugs might just be bad right out of the box. This does happen from time to time. If this is the case, it should be warrantied at no cost to you.

Now it may not even be related to the tune up parts. However, if this only started happening after the tune up was done recently, then I would check the new tune up parts installed. The spark plugs and possibly even the ignition coil or coils could do this as well.

You might want to get the codes pulled or scanned from the computer as well as this will help determine what system or components have failed causing the engine to run rough. You can do this yourself if you have a code reader or your local auto parts store might just do this for free for you.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Amedee

AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN