Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have Gmc Silverado 2013 engine 6.0 and still have the code

I have Gmc Silverado 2013 engine 6.0 and still have the code C0131 with symptoms 06 i did change the ABS module and valve
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nobody can't help

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

what is the gross vehicle weight???

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Under 8600 i forgot to tell i have this code since i change the ABS module you think they give module for over 8600

first, how did you determine the module was bad???

the code indicates a wire harness issue not a component issue.

what was the part number of the module they gave you???

Roy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
P 22761034
1p 218639-109
1t 741034111760168QIt is not me change the module but the guys toll me it is not the same codeI can't not find nothind with the symptoms 6

info for you to read. it sounds like they shot from the hip instead of doing a real diagnostic

Roy

Diagnostic Instructions

* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle See: Vehicle > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview > Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle prior to using this diagnostic procedure.

* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis See: Vehicle > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview > Strategy Based Diagnosis for an overview of the diagnostic approach.

* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions See: Vehicle > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview > Diagnostic Procedure Instructions provides an overview of each diagnostic category.

DTC Descriptors

DTC C0131 01
- ABS Pressure Circuit Short to Battery

DTC C0131 06
- ABS Pressure Circuit Short to Ground or Open

DTC C0131 55
- ABS Pressure Circuit Expected Number of Transition/Events Exceeded

DTC C0131 5A
- ABS Pressure Circuit Plausibility Failure

DTC C0131 0F
- ABS Pressure Circuit Erratic

Circuit/System Description

The body control module (BCM) sends a serial data message when the brake pedal is applied. The electronic brake control module (EBCM) compares the brake pressure sensor values to ensure they agree with the brake pedal applied signal.

Conditions for Running the DTC

Ignition ON.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

* Brake signal does not correlate to pressure signal.

* Signal is erratic and changes faster than physically allowed.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

* The Traction Control indicator turns ON.

* The driver information center displays the Service Stability System message.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

The EBCM clears the history DTC when a current DTC is not detected in*****cycles.

Diagnostic Aids

* DTC C0131 5A can set if the brake is applied while accelerating.

* This DTC may set during off road driving in sand or hilly terrain.

* Anything that may cause the vehicle to decelerate without the brake pedal being applied.

* The electric trailer brake is applied without the brake pedal being applied.

* Inform the customer that this DTC will set if the brake is applied for 60 seconds while at speeds greater than 21 km/h (13 mph), such as a two footed driving.

Reference Information

Schematic Reference

Antilock Brake System Schematics See: Antilock Brakes / Traction Control Systems > Electrical > Antilock Brake System Schematics

Connector End View Reference

Component Connector End Views See: Vehicle > Connector Views > 1-2 Shift Solenoid (SS) Valve (M30)

Description and Operation

ABS Description and Operation (Without JL4) See: Antilock Brakes / Traction Control Systems > Components > Antilock Brake System DescriptionABS Description and Operation (With JL4) See: Antilock Brakes / Traction Control Systems > Components > Antilock Brake System Description

Electrical Information Reference

* Circuit Testing See: Vehicle > Component Tests and General Diagnostics > Circuit Testing

* Connector Repairs See: Vehicle > Component Tests and General Diagnostics > Connector Repairs

* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections See: Vehicle > Component Tests and General Diagnostics > Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections

* Wiring Repairs See: Vehicle > Component Tests and General Diagnostics > Wiring Repairs

Scan Tool Reference

Control Module References See: Vehicle > Programming and Relearning > Control Module References for scan tool information

Circuit/System Testing

1. Apply and release brake pedal. Verify brake lamps operate properly.

♦ If brake lamps do not operate properly, refer to Symptoms - Lighting See: Lighting and Horns > Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures > Symptoms - Lighting.

2. Replace the brake pressure modulator valve and verify the DTC does not reset.

♦ If the DTC resets, replace the EBCM.

Repair Instructions

Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification See: A L L Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) > Verification Tests > Diagnostic Repair Verification after completing the diagnostic procedure.

* Brake Pressure Modulator Valve Replacement (Without JL4) See: Hydraulic Control Assembly - Antilock Brakes > Removal and Replacement > Brake Pressure Modulator Valve Replacement (Without JL4)Brake Pressure Modulator Valve Replacement (With JL4) See: Hydraulic Control Assembly - Antilock Brakes > Removal and Replacement > Brake Pressure Modulator Valve Replacement (With JL4)

* Control Module References See: Vehicle > Programming and Relearning > Control Module References for EBCM replacement, programming and setup

wire diagrams. check both fuses listed for power on both sides.

Roy

do you have the old abs module???

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No garbage

ok, the part number is *****

options, did you have trac control and stability???

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have trac and stability

ok, let me check

what was the original code before replacing the module

are any lights on at the dash???

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not the code before but the technician tell me it is not the same for sureABS and Track controle light is on

the module does not match up to trac and stability.

still checking

I would call this guy back and have him find the old abs module. have him verify the numbers. it looks like he may have installed the wrong module.

Roy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think the module is not good I am gone call tomorow

please take a moment and rate my service. please hit 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts. it is the only way we get paid for our efforts.

Roy

thank you