Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2009 CHEVY COBALT SURGES AT STOP, CHANGED THE CAMSHAFT

2009 CHEVY COBALT SURGES...

2009 CHEVY COBALT SURGES AT STOP, CHANGED THE CAMSHAFT POSSION SENSOR BUT STILL SURGES

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

CODE 00011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed the camshaft sensor on the upper front of the motor on driver side

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its getting close to an oil change

2/24/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

What size engine , is this the 2.2?

Is the code your getting a P0011?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2.2 yes p0011

The most common cause for the code P0011 to set on the 2.2 is usually a failing Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid. Is that what you replaced?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced the sensor on the driver side on the head

The Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid is under the valve cover . It that the one you replaced?

Okay look at the diagram in the link below and tell me was it #1 or #2

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cam%20intake%20sensor%20Feb%2024.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Neither

Okay then you replaced the wrong part. The diagram is showing the Exhaust Camshaft Position (CMP) Actuator Solenoid (#1) and the Intake Camshaft Position (CMP) Actuator Solenoid (# 2) and in most cases this code set due to the #2 solenoid failing. If that was not the one you replaced then that is the one to replace. See the steps to do this in the link below as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/SOlenoid%20Feb%2024.pdf

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK
Thanks
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, Owner
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please stop calling

I have not called you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Thank you as well.