Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 Suburban spark plug cable came off and coil sparked to…

Customer Question
2007 Suburban spark plug cable...
2007 Suburban spark plug cable came off and coil sparked to engine block frying oil pressure sensor and something else. p0068. I have replaced the map sensor, TPS and MAF sensor. Also replaced PCM and had reprogrammed by Chevy Dealership. If codes are clear then Car will rough start but then idle fine indefinitely. If I hold the idle at around 2000 rpm it will stutter. If I take it for a drive it will stutter then produce a check engine light with the code p0068 and then go into "engine power reduced" and then stalls out. If I reset the codes while driving I can actually get places.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
2/2/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mike S., Chevy Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

First of all, what was the other thing that spark plug wire burnt up?

That code P0068 refers to the throttle body airflow and the ECM detected that the throttle position and the indicated engine load do not correspond with the expected load and throttle position for less than 1 second.

When this happens, the control module commands the throttle actuator control (TAC) system to operate in the Reduced Engine Power mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The wire fell off the coil and the coil arced to the block only as far as I know. Some how it sent a surge throught the system and fried the oil pressure sensor. I was getting p0651 before I replaced that oil sensor. After replacing oil semsor I got p0068 Then I tested with known good parts putting in a new tps maf and map. After that and still getting p0068. So I bought a new pcm and had the local chevy dealership program it. Still getting the p0068. I am not sure what else is fried. I went for wire harness trouble shooting after that and found nothing. I just brought it back into the Chevy dealership as It is my wife vehicle for the kids and she has nothing now.

So you still cannot tell me what the "something else" is?

Did you actually see something else burnt and don't know what it is called or are you just assuming it burnt something else or what?

If you have a scan tool that can perform these tests mentioned in this article, do so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know if anything else is burnt up. Just an assumption. I would do the tests but like I said before. I dont have the vehicle anymore. It is in the shop at the Chevy dealership. Sorry. The main problem is time for me. I submitted a question last night hoping to get an answer but no one took the challenge. I still got nothing from my wuestion this morning so I brought it into the shop.

Sorry about the wait.

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic