Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Have a BPS, and a MIS indicator in red on my code reader for

my 2013 denali HD JA: Just...
have a BPS, and a MIS indicator in red on my code reader for my 2013 denali HD
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: not getting a code, just an indicator light
JA: What is the model of your '13 Chevy?
Customer: denali hd
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, just looking for info on these
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: truck has a loss of power, and around a month ago the oil filter housing gasket blew and my oil drained onto the street while the truck was remoted started, shut it off as soon as i came outside to it and had it towed into a shop and oil replaced.
1/15/2017
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, you will need to have a full diagnostic run to know why exactlyy those lights are on, one indicates a misfire. But you cant diagnose a problem by a warniing light alone. The dash will pull base information. You need it hooked up to a scan tool to get a more in depth diagnosis for this concern.

thinks its safe to drive it to a shop? or should i get a tow

Long as its full of oil from the last repair you had to have and it seems to be running ok I would say yes, if there was a major issue, the truck would go into a default limp home mode and give limited power and transmission operation of only reverse and usually 2nd gear only.

HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech
only thing i can notice is a power loss, its winter here so around -30 to -35 i dont notice any white smoke other than a small amount when starting with the block plugged in. there is a decent amount of steam coming from my exhaust when driving though almost puts the vehicle behind me in a cloud
doesn't look like smoke though
but yeah it's full on oil and pressure looks normal

Yes if its not too far, if it has a lack of power due to a misfire, this can cause more engine damage. Thank you!

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech