Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

07 chevy Malibu headlights wont turn on but high beams work

07 chevy Malibu headlights wont turn on but high beams work have checked fuse and relay as well as bulbs nothing still. Please advise
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Did you read the question yes
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Myself. Fuses, bulbs, relays
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Low nor high beam work, but the headlights come on with the multifunction switch pulled to the flash to pass position, correct

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
High beams work fine its the low beams that don't work anytime

Gotcha.

I doubt they are bad but do check the fuses LT and RT low beam fuses # 7 and 9 under the hood. If they are good confirm they have no power with the low beams on. If they have power then it is your bulbs. No power then at the multifunction switch and BCM confirm in low beam setting the pink/white and purple wires have continuity. If they do then see if the pink/white is grounded. If not the the BCM is bad. If so then relay 38 under the hood is bad.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris