Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2000 chevy tracker 4x4 dash light always on even in 2wd mode

Customer Question

2000 chevy tracker 4x4 dash light always on even in 2wd mode or park
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes read out/checked at all using a compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I have not yet. We are snowed in here. Can I get back to you when I get the code??
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also my 4wd is not engaging
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Yes,you can come back here when your ready any time.

The 4wd light on indicates a component at fault with the 4wd systems.This can be an actuator,switch or sensor at fault as I have seen before.Having the fault codes checked using a fully compatible scan tool will let you know what components are setting codes and will help diagnose to which component needs replaced or repaired.The check engine light may be related to the 4x4 fault as well and it may just be one code needing diagnosed and repaired.It is possible for 2 separate faults here with the 4x4 issue as well as the check engine light with an engine sensor or component at fault needing replaced as well.If you can get the codes from ALL computers and post any codes set here this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete