Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I am trying to figure out how to reset devise hybrid system

light on my 2008 Tahoe...
I am trying to figure out how to reset devise hybrid system light on my 2008 Tahoe. We have a snap on scan tool and scanned the hybrid system no codes says system is ok
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Service hybrid system
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have scanned it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
1/7/2017
Ivan Alvarez

Do a complete scan of all modules. See if there are any other codes stored in any module. Also look at history codes. Let me know if you find anything.

There was a couple codes in the ecm I don't remember what they was and I'm at home don't have the scanner

Ok that would be the place to start. We would have to see if those codes are related to hybrid system. If so you can try and clear those codes and see if the service light turns off.

We did clear them light did not go out

What size engine does it have?

6.0

Do you remember if they where transmission codes?

I'll see if I can get scanner and I'll get back to you

Ok. If you can scan all modules and look at history codes if possible. This post stays open for seven.

Ok so I scanned it this morning these are the codes. P215b - u180f -c0760-c0750-the last two are tire pressure codes I know -b1000 -u0074 -u0100

None of these are related to the hybrid system but because of these faults it can cause the certain systems to stop working. So it is possible its affecting the hybrid system even though there is no fault with it.

How familiar are you with hybrid Tahoe

Based on U180f, U0074, and U0100 you might have a bad serial gateway module. These are communication codes. When communication is lost between modules these codes are set. The B1000 is also related to these codes. P215B Is a code for the vehicle speed correlation. I would focus on the communication codes first.

Is there any way to reset system I tryied pulling plug on both batteries it never lost memory
This light came on when we was on a trip running cruise started climbing a mountain never turned cruise off light came on

When there is communication problems between modules it puts certain systems in safe mode. I think that's whats going on with the hybrid system. You still have normal engine operation but hybrid light is on. You have to check the serial gateway module and the circuit to make sure it has power and grounds. I will open up the question to other techs so your able to get all info you may need.

Marvin the Mechanic
Marvin the Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician

I agree with Ivan. We need to address the communication codes. With the vehicle shut off fo at least 5 minutes. Measure the resistance at the diagnostic connector from terminals 6 - 14. What is that resistance?

Well I took it to a friend of mine who went over it and said the u codes was between brake module but the codes are not there now and hybrid system has no codes at all he thinks it a service reminder light. But not sure and no one knows how to get it out

Could you send a picture of the light?

All it says is service hybrid system in the little screen when you first turn key on.
I have a truck same year does same thing when it needs a oil change. Except says change oil

The service hybrid message that comes is for a fault with the hybrid batteries. You can check under the back seat to make sure that the vents for the batteries are clean so that the air can get into the battery case and cool the batteries.

I do not know if the snap-on scanner will scan the hybrid control module for codes or data.

We have a matco scan tool the nice one that does scan the the hybrid computer says ok but what you say is funny cause we haven't had it long and they had just put a battery in it.

When they replaced the battery did they program the module?

I don't know I will find out

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Marvin the Mechanic
Marvin the Mechanic
Marvin the Mechanic