Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Fuel guage and oil guage sre not working properly, Same as

Customer Question

fuel guage and oil guage sre not working properly
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Same as usual
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 gmc envoy
JA: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No don't fix this one only used in Florida 1-3 months a year.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

99 % of the time since the powers and grounds are shared between all the gauges and the signals for both of those gauges are sent through 1 wire that also is the signal wire for the tach and speedo signals the issue will be the stepper motors for those gauges inside the dash cluster

the dash gauge cluster needs to come out and have the stepper motors replaced to correct this problem i am sorry to say

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer