sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have 2004 2500hd 4wd 6.0 driving and reduced power and

Customer Question

I have 2004 2500hd 4wd 6.0 driving and reduced power and engine light happens! This is first time and it past time for oil change
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model of your '04 Chevy?
Customer: 2500 HD 4wd 6.0
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and just happened on my way home from work
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Abs light is on engine light on and now it does not have reduced power
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The engie light comes on when the powertrain control module sees a failure in a monitored component and sets a fault code. The reduced power warning will come on when there is an electronic throttle control related issue such as the throttle body itself, accelerator pedal position sensor or throttle position sensor.

The ABS light may or may not be related. If it did come on at the same time as the others then it will be related, if it came on separately then there is an unrelated ABS problem.

The first step in diagnosing the issues will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.