Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

Have a code c0561 cant find any ansewrs to the code, yes, 07

Customer Question

have a code c0561 cant find any ansewrs to the code
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 07 1500 6.0 l chevy max lt
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just looking through the code index and wiring diagrams
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it shifts hard only when traction control goes off and sets the code for ebcm
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 6 months ago.

hi, my name is***** will assist you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok so have the code listed above and every time it comes on the trans shifts really hard and almost feels like its in limp mode
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
dont have the extra cash for A phone call

It's ok, I don't need a phone call, sometimes the system will automatically ask for one

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thats fine any ideas on the code ? its a co561

Is this the only code you have? usually this code will come up as an indicator that there is a code in either the engine or transmission control module that is preventing it from performing its traction control duties

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
only other code i have are lean codes bank 1 and bank 2 i dont belive that either of those will caused this with the traction control

Actually, those codes would be very likely to cause the traction control code c0561. The traction control system relies on having control over engine torque reduction and if there are mitigating factors such as a lean condition, it cannot do this reliably and will therefore shut off the trac system and set this code. Is your "trac off" light also illuminated?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
currently no its not but i do believe it is when the code sets should i check o2 senors and monitior those while driving or bay test

Ok, that all adds up then. Yes, you should monitor oxygen sensors and I suggest doing that while you are spraying a flammable liquid such as brake cleaner near the intake and vacuum lines as the most likely cause of a lean condition is a vacuum leak. I also suggest checking fuel pressure and volume with a gauge as this is another possible cause of those codes, especially if you notice a reduction in pick-up. Good luck and don't forget to take a moment and leave a positive rating!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thank you for your help will do and i will get back to you later today

Absolutely, any time. Yes, let me know what comes of it!

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you have made any progress

Hi, this is Josh checking in on your progress...I haven't heard from you in a few days and wanted to see if you are still looking for help. If you are satisfied with my service, please don't forget to leave a positive rating! Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hey Josh so I found that the mass air flow sensor was partly blocked so I cleaned the mass air flow sensor and cleared the codes and test drove vehicle and have no further issues thanks for.your help

That's great news! I'm happy you got it figured out! Thanks for getting back with me and letting me know how it turned out. Have a great day

*remember to rate my service using the star system above.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hey there Josh so I was looking over my cred8t card statement and it shows a 23 dollar charge what is that for I thought it was 5 dollars to ask you a question ?? If you could please let me know before I rate you that would be great thank you