Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

It is a 1994 Chevy suburban, the radio is still on, but the

Customer Question

it is a 1994 Chevy suburban, the radio is still on, but the clock is not displaying. The AC control panel is off as well, and there is a rattling noise coming from behind the glove box. I wonder if they all related.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: yes, the fuses are fine, the AC panel came on normal every now and then.
JA: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it started about 3 weeks ago, now AC panel completely off, the clock display is completely off but the radio still working.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: there was some burning smell when the Ac can still come on 3 weeks ago, one mechanic did mentioned something about the control panel being burnt. However the rattle sound was coming from behind or below the glove box. The last time the AC came on before it went dead entirely, it was flipping on and off while the rattling sound grow louder for a few minutes. Then the whole thing went dark, no AC, no clock display, but the radio still work.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

You may have a problem in the harness that powers the ac panel.

Here is a wiring diagram for the circuit. You may have broken wires that are causing your problem. You need to check for power the clock and the ac panel. also check the ignition switch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pvobupq73d5f2i/s1.svg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4jlqd3cv7k0ghs/s2.svg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwfepc4xdab5a0z/s3.svg?dl=0

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.