Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Replacing head gasket. 3.1. 2003 Malibu. For now only the

Customer Question
Replacing head gasket JA: Is this...
Replacing head gasket
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: 3.1
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 Malibu
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: For now only the push rod
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
1/4/2017
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 1 year ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Do you need to know what push rod goes where?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I know where they go I removed them and clean and number them I already replace the head gasket and put the rod back to their place now I need the torque specs for the rods

The connecting rods or the rocker arms?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not in front of my car I called you tomorrow when I working on my car I'll update my card tomorrow

Just let me know tat you have come back and are ready to work on it. The we can try the live phone call again.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician