How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GM Tech (Cam) Your Own Question
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 15201
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
GM Tech (Cam) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Replacing head gasket, 3.1, 2003 Malibu, Yes, For now only

Customer Question

Replacing head gasket
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: 3.1
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 Malibu
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: For now only the push rod
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  kalamykid replied 6 months ago.

Do you need to know what push rod goes where?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I know where they go I removed them and clean and number them I already replace the head gasket and put the rod back to their place now I need the torque specs for the rods
Expert:  kalamykid replied 6 months ago.

The connecting rods or the rocker arms?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not in front of my car I called you tomorrow when I working on my car I'll update my card tomorrow
Expert:  kalamykid replied 6 months ago.

Just let me know tat you have come back and are ready to work on it. The we can try the live phone call again.