Marvin the Mechanic
Marvin the Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mechanic for 36 years
32137885

I have a 2015 high country and the heated seats dont work,

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2015 high country and the heated seats dont work
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no leaks that I can see
JA: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have had it into the dealership 2 times for this same problem and they tell me everything is working fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Marvin the Mechanic replied 9 months ago.

You say the seats are not working and when you take it to the dealership they are.

Do the seats not get hot for you? Does the heated seat indicator stay on? Do both front seats not work? Are these seats heated and cooled seats?

Let me know and we will try to get to the bottom of this.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They are heated and cooled seats and the power lights stay on. The best they get is luke warm. Passengers seat gets warmer than drivers seat.

I have noticed that the newer seat heaters in the heated and cooled seat are less. So I did a little research.

This is what GM says "This heated seat system utilizes a self-regulating heating element system, which is different from the non-regulated heating element systems with seat temperature sensors previously used on GM vehicles. In the self-regulating type of system, temperature feedback to a control module is not required for temperature regulation. The heating element material itself regulates the surface temperature based on the effective voltage applied to the heating element."

The seats are probably working correctly if the light is staying on.