GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

How much does it cost to ask a question? okay, i got a chevy

Customer Question

how much does it cost to ask a question?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: okay, i got a chevy blazer 2001. the check engine light is on, but when they go to check the code they can't because of a electrical issue. we noticed the number two (cigar lighter) fuse on the diver side fuse box is out, and have also noticed that the 4wd switch box no longer is swiching. i think the issue probably started there, but i do not want to lead the discussion. in any case, when we change that fuse it immediately cuts out.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it stays on
JA: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i don't have my whole tool set with me, but can borrow some. to me it sounds like we are in 4wd, but there is no light in the switch case when i press the 2wd button.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: let me think a minute...
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Have you tried the fuse with the cigarette lighter disconnected?

Do the 2WD and 4WD lights come on when first starting?

Do you still need help with it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was not able to respond earlier to your question and we ended up having to take it in and so I would like my money back .

So sorry to hear that, hopefully it's just the lighter insert that is shorted out. Thank you so much for using the site and I will send it to customer service for a full refund. Happy New Year and please come again, anytime, thanks.