GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I will be driving my 07 tahoe stabiltrac light comes on and

Customer Question

I will be driving my 07 tahoe stabiltrac light comes on and it running rough shifting hard and if I stop turn key off then turn key on about 5 times it goes away then start it up and it runs fine for a while then it will do it all over a again checked the codes and they say ecu lost comm. bcm lost comm and pcm lost com what do I need to replace the ecu?
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The only thing I have done that clears it is if I in plug batter for two mon
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Min. Nope
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I typically do not recommend phone calls, This is an automated request. DO not accept without me telling you I am requesting it. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

First things first. Can you check or have the charging system checked?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm heading home now from out town but had it replaced a year ago
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 months ago.

Your symptoms require the checking of the charging system.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a volt meter will that work?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I write you back on a few hrs? I'll be home then
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Or let's say I check it and it's charging like driving it is at 14 to 13 volts
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what should I check next?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 months ago.

You need to have it tested for A/C Ripple especially. Use your voltmeter place it on AC Volts. Place meter on back of alternator large post and other lead to good ground. Then check battery for DC Volts.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 months ago.

You have a high voltage and a low voltage code. Please let me know results of charging system test

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I will
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I put the volt meter on it and it was giving me 28.2 Ac and 32.2 Ac not sure why but I checked first the 28.2 then 10 min later started back up it gave me 32.2 and volts were 13.7 to 14.7dc
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 months ago.

In the underhood fuse box check the ABS fuse 1 and 2 with volt meter. Let me know what the voltage is at the fuses