Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

1997 tahoe z71 4wd 6.5 turbo diesel What is the directions

Customer Question

1997 tahoe z71 4wd 6.5 turbo diesel
What is the directions to remove and replace :
oil filter bypass valve
oil cooler bypass valve
I am doing other work and would like to change these parts to prevent failure.
I also need part numbers for both of these items so I can order, thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately my info isnt showing exactly how the valves are replaced but I did locate a diagram of this here if this helps to determine how these are replaced.If this does not work and you still need more info on this let me know so we can continue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxoiv2wok67btih/op-01-03.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that will be helpful, can I please get the two part numbers?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately my info is not showing the part numbers of these here.In most cases you can call a dealers parts department over the phone with your vehicles VIN number to get these part numbers.If this is not an option for you let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete