Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

My remote start will not work and the remote will not lock

Customer Question

my remote start will not work and the remote will not lock the doors
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: the car will start with a key, but the remote seem like it is dead, it will not do any thing
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2006 chevy impala
JA: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, did not do anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not replaced the battery in the remote this would be the first step to see if this resolves the fault here.If this was done or is done and does not correct this fault then most likely the fault is with the remote itself with it needing replaced.I have seen the remote fail several times and cause this issue here.It will need tested with a signal tester (most shops or a dealer have these ) to see if for sure that it needs replaced then programmed to work in your model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Another guest ion i have a 2005 ford 350 6.0 I lost power and the message says power lost
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately since that question is not related to this one here it has to be opened as a new question.You can choose me to help if you like by putting my name in the first few words of the question and I will see it to assist on it here.Feel free to rate my help above and let me know if you are opening a new question and I will see what I can do to help on this here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete