GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My key control only unlocks driver door and pops truck does

Customer Question

My key control only unlocks driver door and pops truck does not unlock all doors or locks them. I try on all door panels and still won't lock and unlock the doors. Help please!!!
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It just makes a sound like its locking and unlocking with the key control. But when doing it on the door panels there's no sound
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 96 impala ss LT1
JA: Are you fixing your Impala SS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If you can video chat that would be great and I could show you exactly what's going on.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I'm on my phone it doesn't have that option
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm trying to keep my car as original as possible if y'all can keep me up to date on how to do that. Its almost impossible to find original parts for this car in or around my area.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the locks work fine with the buttons on the driver door?