Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Need to turn my check engine light off on mt 2004 tahoe,

Customer Question

need to turn my check engine light off on mt 2004 tahoe
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on put a purge valve in
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just need to turn it off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately the only way to turn off this light is using a compatible scan tool plugged into your model that can clear out the fault codes or driving the vehicle up to 2 weeks or longer to allow the engine computer to run its testing on the faulty component that was replaced to then see the fault is repaired then it will turn off the light itself.Unfortunately the engine computer has its own internal battery or capacitors that maintain power in it to keep the codes present or in history until the codes are cleared out one of these 2 ways then the light turns off.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it was supposed to cost 5 dollars not 28
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

I will have to direct you to customer support on this here.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help