Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

No spark

Customer Question
No spark
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me the year,make and model as well as engine size here?

Has anything been checked/tested or replaced for this fault here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is a 2014 chevy Cruze 1.8 liter

Has anything been checked,tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this fault here at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just wanted to know if this issue is common with did and engine and swap
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
after the swap no spark
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's the weird thing and the engine was a 1.8 as well

I dont see any bulletins or common faults on this here.It is possible the crank sensor is the cause here but this engine uses a set value for engine rpm any time the crank sensor signal is lost.The only issue that I have seen to cause this after an engine swap is incorrect wiring or wiring that was not wired properly or connected when the engine was installed.

I have seen loose or damaged grounds cause this fault here.Make sure all grounds are connected to the engine,all fuse panel and ignition wiring is connected and that the computer connections are all o.k. with no damaged or broken wiring.

If you havent checked for fault codes this should be done as well to see if any codes are set related to this fault here as this will help diagnose and locate the issue.

But usually it is a wire that is left disconnected that can cause this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm guessing here is because the timing on the computer is not matching with the new engine install ?

If the computer was replaced as well it will need programmed by a GM dealer.In some cases a computer will lose its programming and needs reprogrammed for similar issues like this here.See my post above as well.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only thing I notice was that the new engine wire harness is slithy different but the old one fits just fine i don't know if this has to be with this issue

This can cause this fault here.If the harness is different it may be wired slightly different then your vehicle is wired.You might try and swap over the engine harness if you can and see if this resolves the fault here.I have seen where this engine is made for different emissions and in some cases different years and the harness can be different then on your model and had to swap over the harness to get the vehicle to start and run.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok but what if all connections on the harness fit perfectly with that engine even though the previous car have a slightly different harness does this still affect this ?

Are the wire colors different and is there any plugs that are not being used in this harness that your other harness doesnt have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope every plug fits perfectly
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Happy New Years Pete !

Happy New Years to you as well.

Have you checked fault codes at all using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The scan tool communicates with the main ecm but no with the module I got plug in my scanner tool again to see what codes are set in the ecm

O.k.,let me know what codes are set?

Also clear out the codes then try and start and see what codes come back again and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok i will keep you updated

Sounds good.

Pete, Auto Service Technician