Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

12/30/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Not sure if you are seeing my posts on your other question here as it looks like there was some difficulties in seeing it.

Basically looking at the diagram below.The bottom part of the picture is how the ignition coils sit on the engine if you were looking down at them from the front of the vehicle.The first coil connects to spark plug wires 1 and 4.! is the spark plug at the firewall side nearest the pulleys and 4 is the spark plug on the front side near the radiator right in the middle.You can follow the chart the rest of the way from here to make sure you have them hooked up correctly.If you have them hooked up correctly and still have to swap some of these wires around to get it to start this can indicate an issue with the ignition module itself.The ignition module is the component mounted under the ignition coils.I have had to replace it before for issues similar to this here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai50b3k1ul62a6b/firing-12-30.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician