Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

2001 chevy tahoe 5.3 no pressure at fuel rail

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have no pressure at the fuel rail and i just replaced the fuel pump do to a "cranks but no start" issue

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- fuel pump relay : The Fuel Pump Relay is located in the Junction Block - Under-hood. The Junction Block - Under-hood is located at the left side of the engine compartment near the battery.

Now if you have dual tanks there is 2 fuel pump relay

I sent you location diagrams showing fuel pump relay in under-hood box and secondary relay attached to bracket on the under hood junction box

click on blue link to open diagrams

2- on fuel pump connector do you have power ,12 volt when you trying to start it checking with test light

3- crank but no start , we need fuel & spark to start ,what are we missing one or both?

4- at the fuel rail ,there is test port , no fuel there right . ?

5- check the circuit i sent you on the fuel pump relay and see what are you missing

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

are the injector fuses been checked ,15 amp fuse in the under hood junction box ,

are they pulsing ,look at circuit the PCM is the ground control for the injectors .

Chad

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hey man how are you

Just checking on you to see if you gt it resolved or you like addition assistance on it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

ASE Certified Technician1