Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Will my 2002 suburban key unlock a 2002 silverado pick-up.

Customer Question
will my 2002 suburban key...
will my 2002 suburban key unlock a 2002 silverado pick-up
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What year is your Silverado?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my son locked his only key in the truck
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have a 2002 chevy suburban, will that key work to unlock the door of my son's truck?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
11/26/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician

'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

Are you asking if the physical key will work in both vehicles? It would if they were keyed the same, or if the door lock cylinder tumblers were really worn and your key was slightly similar. But they would only be keyed the same if you did that your self. So most likely no. Or are you asking will the key fob work to unlock it? Again the answer is, if you programmed it to both vehicles it will. If you are asking will it work to program the fob from your suburban to his truck, yes they are the same fob and it can be programmed. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.

Thanks

Sonny

Do you still need help with this?

Please let me know.

Did my advice help? If so would you leave a positive rating for me?

But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.

Thanks

Sonny

were you able to get the answer to your key question?

Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech.