Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

The engine code error po315. 14,000 mills also I changed

The engine code error po315
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: Yes 14,000 mills also I changed crank sensor
JA: What is the model of your '14 Chevy?
Customer: 2012 Avalange 5.3
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Am a mecanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Spaciale on Toyota

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code sets here when the crank variation has not been learned in.Even with the sensor replaced it has to be learned in properly with the appropriate scan tool.The scan tool has to have function capabilities to learn in the crank position.If this procedure was already done and the code is still setting let me know.If it has not been done use a compatible scan tool that will plug into your model and has the function capability to learn it in.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your respond ,I used Launch x431 there is a prosedure on it finally not learning the cps .what is the proper scanner I use to solve the problem
Thank you.

I apologize for the delay.

This usually has to be a higher end scan tool to relearn the position.I have used higher end snap on,or OTC or even an Autel scan tool.In allot of cases it is cheaper to allow a shop to relearn this then to purchase one of these as they can reach over $1800 in most cases.If you want me to post a specific scan tool that will work let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Pete ! I have another Chevrolet same model working & functional car ,I talk the ecm & key immobilizer & start the engine but the same problem have p0315 error code may be found have any other ideas ?
Hopefully I will wait your answer,
Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
May be if not understood,I replace another ecm & to the one have cps problem engine
It have same problem after I replaced the ecm.
Thank you.

Did you do the crank relearn with the scan tool after the ecm was swapped out?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I relearn it but the same thing happens.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pls if there is any more information to fix the car confirm me .until now I couldn't get any solution on error code p0315.
Thank you,

Was the crank sensor ever replaced?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I changed cps

I apologize as I do see above that you had replaced the crank sensor already.

The only other things that will cause this code here that will need checked into are listed below:

* Interference in the signal circuit of the CKP sensor
* The ignition switch is left in the ON position, until the battery is discharged
* An ECM power disconnect, with the ignition ON, that may have erased the CKP system variation values and set DTC P0315
* Any debris between the CKP sensor and the reluctor wheel
* A damaged crankshaft
* Excessive crankshaft runout
* Any worn crankshaft main bearings
* A damaged or misaligned reluctor wheel

This will have to be checked into further as I suspect this is an issue with the crank shaft or reluctor wheel on the crank that is causing this code to set.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also I checked the CPS harness lt is ok.I checked Barrings.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I read all the above manuals from all data

The only other things here are listed above that can cause this issue.You may have to have a machine shop check the crank run out to see if it is worn needing replaced.