GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Its a gmc sonoma, i just happened upon this page as i know

Customer Question

its a gmc sonoma, i just happened upon this page as i know both vehicles are similar
JA: What year is your Sonoma?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you fixing your Sonoma yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. i am looking online for diagrams of where my vacuum lines go, they have crumpled away. last smog check my checker handed me bro***** *****nes, showed me where he installed a new line, informed me he couldnt tell where the line went, but knew where it came from. Instaleld new line and taped out of the way. infromed me i probbaly wouldnt pass next smog check. i am now experiencing (and have been in various ways) loss of ability to swtich heater in cab of truck to feet or defroster
JA: Have you checked the fluid? How old are the brakes?
Customer: oh, i thought you were a real person. bye,
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: i am looking online for diagrams of where my vacuum lines go, they have crumpled away. last smog check my checker handed me bro***** *****nes, showed me where he installed a new line, informed me he couldnt tell where the line went, but knew where it came from. Instaleld new line and taped out of the way. infromed me i probbaly wouldnt pass next smog check. i am now experiencing (and have been in various ways) loss of ability to swtich heater in cab of truck to feet or defroster
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am looking online for diagrams of where my vacuum lines go, they have crumpled away. last smog check my checker handed me bro***** *****nes, showed me where he installed a new line, informed me he couldnt tell where the line went, but knew where it came from. Instaleld new line and taped out of the way. infromed me i probbaly wouldnt pass next smog check. i am now experiencing (and have been in various ways) loss of ability to swtich heater in cab of truck to feet or defroster
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am looking online for diagrams of where my vacuum lines go, they have crumpled away. last smog check my checker handed me bro***** *****nes, showed me where he installed a new line, informed me he couldnt tell where the line went, but knew where it came from. Instaleld new line and taped out of the way. infromed me i probbaly wouldnt pass next smog check. i am now experiencing (and have been in various ways) loss of ability to swtich heater in cab of truck to feet or defroster
Expert:  Jake Cheek replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer.

It sounds like the line to the vacuum reservoir. Take a look at this diagram and let me know if that is where the technician plugged in the new line. The vacuum reservoir is on the drivers side fender under the hood.

If that is not it could you tell me approximately where the one end of the line is plugged into?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
well, after a lot of internet searching, forums and what not, i know its not that easy to find. i can feel a nipple under the RWAL system components where I've been told it goes, also for a canister on the drivers side fender ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what im really searching for is a dtailed diagram to just track, replace all lines so i can ensure all are new and up to date, since the last ones just turned to dust in my and the smog techs hands

So the vacuum line is not under the hood? I'm sorry for misunderstanding. To be clear can you confirm it is not the one in the diagram link I sent you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
of course its under the hood. I cant confirm it is NOT the one in the diagram you sent, as diagram has no names of where lines attach to.

Right, okay. You stated one end of the line was plugged in. Where is it plugged into?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
a cannister between my air intake and fuel pressure test port. camshaft position sensor ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
goes from there, has a plastic valve where it breaks off into two lines, one line goes to nipple under the brain of the breaking system (with metal lines) and another goes where?, i have no idea.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ANYBODY ELSE ??
i am looking online for diagrams of where my vacuum lines go, they have crumpled away. last smog check my tech handed me bro***** *****nes, showed me where he installed a new line, informed me he couldn't tell where the line went, but knew where it came from. Installed new line and taped out of the way. informed me i probably wouldn't pass next smog check. i am now experiencing (and have been in various ways) loss of ability to switch heater in cab of truck to feet or defroster