Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

1999 chevy astro awd...is pulling hard to left when braking

Customer Question

1999 chevy astro awd...is pulling hard to left when braking at moderate speed...replaced front left and right calipers and hoses. still pulls. No ABS. It shouldnt be rocket science.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: No and NO
JA: Are you fixing your Astro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No mechanic at the shop was
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- the calipers are usually the problem , as long as the brake proportion valve (BPMV) is applying the same pressure on both sides , then you have to look into suspension causing this .but most likely that valve is applying more pressure on one side than the other ,have you changed that valve

I sent you a diagram showing the valve location ,please press on blue link to open the diagram

2- lower ball joints,strut mount , sway bar links ,has any been checked ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Hey How are you ,just checking on you & see if you need additional help on it

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat