Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 1991 kodiak i need a wiring diagram for, you turn

Customer Question

i have a 1991 kodiak i need a wiring diagram for, you turn the headlights on and it sends power to the starter
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: yes, its a short to power somwhere
JA: What is the model of your '91 Chevy?
Customer: kodiak 1GBM7H1J3MJ112170
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well origonally found part of the in cab main body conector to be melted in one spot, so i fixed that wire. the origonal problem was the crank fuse was blowing, that fixed that problem however now when you turn the headlight switch on it will send voltage to the starter solonid and make it crank. i am a gm master tech but so not have any wiring diagrams, this is a work vehicle as i am now a fleet manager
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

i have a few diagrams that may helpyou

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there.please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4je0sbvg99u683l/1122-kodiac-Charging.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/4je0sbvg99u683l/1122-kodiac-Charging.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help