AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

When I put it in drive it feels like the brakes are locked

Customer Question

When I put it in drive it feels like the brakes are locked but when I back up it,s fine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 138,000 and no
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Tahoe 02
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Minor repairs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

You can certainly have a caliper or brake pad hung up preventing the vehicle from rolling forward. Another possible cause would be the driveshaft or u joints or even whele bearings binding up causing this problem.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

The best way to diagnose this is to get the vehicle up on a lift and see which tire or tires have a hard time rolling forward.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

Then you can inspect the brakes, driveshaft or axle on that side or that wheel to see what is causing this condition.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!