Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Need to know how to hook up US 3300 Corvette Model 1051

Customer Question

need to know how to hook up US 3300 Corvette Model 1051 Battery Charger With 2016 Z06 Corvette. Charger has accessory outlet plug wired to charger output. Car has Accessory female outlet installed in luggage compartment just above battery installation.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: New Car with less than 3000 miles, battery went down because I left the car in drive when I turned it off, this caused the power to not be able to shut down and ran battery down.
JA: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have Battery Charger that was purchased with car, my question is am I safe to hook it up by inserting the accessory outlet plug mounted on the output side of the charger to the accessory outlet receiving plug mounted in luggage area just above battery installation area.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Yes this charger will connect to the plug above the battery.This will switch from a charge to a maintain mode off and on as needed but it does plug into the plug near the battery that you see.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete