Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

I have a chevy tahoe 2008 5.3 vortec and fuel pressure

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a chevy tahoe 2008 5.3 vortec and fuel pressure readings are 30psi
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 130 000 miles, regular service
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm still doing some tests of the fuel trims, the long term fuel trims are reading -30% on both banks
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes i have error codes p0172 and p0175
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

That fuel pressure is too low, I would look at a problem with the fuel pressure regulator, clogged fuel filter, or the fuel pump itself. Low fuel pressure can cause these codes. A vacuum leak can also cause this problem. If the fuel system all checks out, then I would check for a vacuum leak, intake gasket or a crack in a vacuum hose.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks