Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I rebuilt my 2001 silverado 4L60E transmission. When moving

Customer Question

I rebuilt my 2001 silverado 4L60E transmission. When moving the shifter link on side of trans, it swings pretty freely with no real drag except slightly between park and reverse and gear selector inside truck moves same way
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If may be that the linkage inside the transmission is not connected at all or properly.Below is a diagram of the park pawl system and linkage.If you can I would remove the transmission pan and see if this has been installed and connected properly.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkliu1txe0x3niq/p-11-13.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete